Eight original compositions for the young harp student. These pieces will inspire a wide variety of playing styles and develop musical interpretation skills. Page sample:
- Little Moth is very easy yet sounds quick and teaches harmonics. audio: Little Moth youtubevideo
- Moon Spinner has a moving left hand with parallel 6ths in right hand. youtube video audio: Moonspinner clip
- Grasshopper’s Jig teaches accents, is excellent for quick eye-hand coordination and scales, yet is not difficult.
- Monarch Wings sounds grand and glorious with full double triads. audio: Monarch Wings
- Bumble’s Boogie uses enharmonics for a wonderful buzzing effect and teaches swing rhythm. youtube video audio: Bumble’s Boogie
- Golden Swallowtail gives left hand a great opportunity to facilitate grabbing treble clef notes therefore assisting with the melody. youtube video below (or just audio: Golden Swallowtail)
- Busy Bees is fast, easy and just great fun. youtube video audio: Busy Bees
- Green Dragonfly incorporates PDLT, glissandos, accents, and left hand damping. It would be a wonderful recital piece. audio: Green Dragonfly
EASY LEVER HARP.
Table of Contents:
Little Moth, Moon Spinner, Grasshopper’s Jig, Monarch Wings, Bumble’s Boogie, Golden Swallowtail, Busy Bees, Green Dragonfly